Monday, October 22, 2018

I Just Paid Off ~30% of My Student Loans!

Photo by Jamie Street on Unsplash

Last week, I made a $5,000 payment on my student loans which I hadn't paid a single cent on in about 3 years. Why? I couldn't find my dog's leash and harness.


Yep. Last Thursday, I wanted to start walking my dog, but I could not find her freaking leash! I knew my mom must have moved all of the dog stuff, but she wasn't home and she didn't have her phone on. Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to do something else that I had been putting off.

Before

I scheduled a $5,000 payment for my student loans which was most of the money in my main savings account. I was terrified that I was suddenly going to need that money as soon as the payment posted. Well, the following Monday, nothing happened.

After
I wasn't broke. I wasn't destitute. I didn't have some big emergency. All that changed was that my debt was reduced.

(And I'm a bit disturbed by that "Paid ahead until 07/05/2060" part! What?! My minimum payment is only $10, which barely covered the daily interest...)

No comments:

Post a Comment