Wednesday, September 12, 2018

My Credit Score Increased by 29 Points This Week!

I had an unofficial goal of getting my credit score into the "good" range (720-780) before the end of the year, and to my surprise it happened this week! I'm no expert on credit scores. All I know is from the little bit of reading I've done on what factors contribute to it. And all I can tell you is that I did just one simple thing before my score shot up.


I applied for, and was a approved for, a new credit card. That's it.



From what I understand the credit check that comes along with the application can cause your score to go down a bit. But increasing your line of credit, without increasing your usage, can make it go up. Both of these things led me to believe that I'd get a slight increase. A couple of points at the most. Not nearly thirty!

I wonder what will happen once I start making payments toward my student loans?

No comments:

Post a Comment