Tuesday, August 21, 2018

I got the job (and a $0.15 raise)!

Photo by Fab Lentz on Unsplash
I mentioned last month that I had an interview. Well, I didn't get it. I know the title of this post says otherwise, but I did get it! Just not at that time. The position was posted again earlier this month, so I applied again (after laughing when I saw it listed again!).


Less than a week later, the hiring manager was waiting for me when I clocked in. He asked if I was still interested (YES!) and now I'm finally in! I only had to apply ten times. I'll start my new position in about a month.

Now, I'll be doing way more work, but basically getting paid the same as I do now to do nothing. I do get to wear my own clothes, which normally just hang out in the closet looking pretty, which is what I really wanted. And I get my own cubicle! And I'll be back on day shift! No more walking home after midnight.

I do get a raise at the end of my 90 day probationary period though, so that will be nice. Plus, I get my $9.99 back for the new work socks I just purchased, since they're going back. I won't be needing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment